- Nitrous Oxide: Big block , Maximum 5 systems, Maximum of 910 Cubic Inches
- Minimum weight of 2400 lb. 899 CI and Under
- Minimum weight of 2425 lb. 900 CI and Over
- Small block, unlimited systems and no weight restriction
Any type allowed. Non lockup converter may deduct 50 pounds from the minimum weight on Nitrous Pro Mods only. No Lock up converters for Turbos
- Blower: Maximum 526 Cubic Inches, Maximum Overdrive of 30% 14-71 Max ( No Screw types) Maximum 4:56 Rear gear ratio & a Minimum weight of 2600 lb. & Maximum 3 Disk Clutch ……… (Wedge heads, non billet maximum 35% overdrive)
- Normally Aspirated: Small and Big block no weight restriction
- Turbo: Single Turbo: Small block single turbo with a Maximum of 430 Cubic Inches . Max 120mm, Minimum weight 2350 lb.
- Twin Turbo: Maximum of 540 Cubic Inches, Twin turbochargers limited to 88mm, Minimum weight 2650 lb. Boost will be limited to 45 psi
- Pro Charger: Maximum of 650 Cubic Inches, Minimum weight 2400 lb.
All rules subject to change at the sole discretion of the Northeast Outlaw Pro Mod Technical Department.
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- BELLY PAN: Allowed. Pan must extend beyond the leading edge of the engine and any accessories. The front edge of the pan must have a 1 inch lip.
- BODY: Funny car or one piece bodies not allowed even if equipped with doors. Maximum front end overhang of 45” as measured from centerline of front spindle. An approved extension may be used to reach 45” if the front end overhang of the body is less than 45”. Numbers must be at least 4” tall and on both side windows, and upper right of windshield.
- DOORS: Required. Doors must be functional and able to be opened from both the inside and outside of the vehicle. Doors may be fabricated from carbon fiber, fiberglass or metal. A metal deflector between the fenders and the leading edge of the doors is required.
- FIREWALL: Magnesium not allowed. All firewalls must be made of steel (.024 minimum thickness).
- FLOORS: Replacing stock floors with .024″ steel or .032″ aluminum allowed. Driver’s side floor pan must be .024″ steel and must be welded in place extending from firewall to back of driver’s seat. Carbon fiber or composite materials may not be utilized in any portion of the flooring in the driver’s compartment except for any panel located behind the driver including suspension covers and wheel tubs.
- HOOD SCOOP: Allowed. One opening only.
- TAIL LIGHT: Functional rear tail light is required.
- BATTERY: Maximum of two batteries allowed. All batteries must be securely fastened. An external master electrical shut off clearly labeled “PUSH OFF” is required.
- CHASSIS: Up to Date NHRA SFI 25.1 E or 25.2 certification required.
- DRIVER LOCATION: Must be in stock location.
- GROUND CLEARANCE: Minimum of 3” required from whatever portion of the vehicles body or
chassis that breaks staging beam to 12” behind front axle centerline.
- SUSPENSION: Optional.
- TIRES: Automotive type tires designed specifically for racing required. Tires cannot be located outside of bodyline. Manufacturer, model and size information must be clearly designated.
- WHEEL BASE: Minimum 90″, Maximum 120”. Maximum variation is 2”.
- WHEELIE BARS: Optional. Maximum of 110” as measured from center of wheelie bar wheel to centerline of rear-end housing.
- WHEELS: SFI 15.1 bead locks with a maximum width of 16” required.
- DRIVELINE: A full 360 degree drive shaft tube is required over yoke, extended a minimum of 9” from transmission tail shaft. Minimum thickness of tube housing is .050 cm. Two piece units accepted with a minimum of 6 3/8” grade 8 bolts.
- ENGINE SETBACK: Maximum of 10% of total vehicle wheel base as measured from centerline of front spindle to center of front spark plug hole.
- EXHAUST: Automotive type system designed specifically for racing required. Exhaust gasses must be directed out of the body towards the rear of vehicle and away from the driver and fuel
- HARMONIC BALANCER: SFI 18.1 certification required.
- FLYWHEEL SHIELD: SFI 6.3 certification required.
- FUEL: Alcohol, gasoline and methanol allowed. The use of nitromethane is strictly prohibited.
- INTAKE MANIFOLD: An approved burst panel is required on all vehicles.
- NITROUS OXIDE: Allowed.
- REAR END: Full Floater or Live Axle
- STARTER: Required. All entries must be self starting.
- SUPERCHARGER: No Screw type
- TRANSMISSION: Any type allowed. Non lockup converter may
deduct 50 pounds from the minimum weight on Nitrous Pro Mods only. No Lock up converters for Turbos
- TURBOCHARGER: Allowed.
- CREDENTIALS: A valid IHRA / NHRA membership and competition license is required.
- COMPUTER: Allowed.
- DATA / ELECTRONICS ACQUISITION: Allowed.
- STARTING LINE ENGINE CONTROL DEVICES: Allowed.
Allowed. A valid driver’s license is required to operate any type of tow vehicle. All passengers must be seated inside of vehicle with all doors closed. Riding in open hatchback, trunk or cargo area not allowed. ATV’s are allowed with a maximum of one passenger who must be seated at all times. Golf carts are allowed with a maximum of three passengers who must be seated at all times. Posted pit speeds must be obeyed at all times. If pit speed is not posted, maximum pit speed will be 10 mph.
All Safety rules will be monitored and enforced by the track officials, they have the final say
- DRIVER RESTRAINT SYSTEM: SFI 16.1 certification required.
- ENGINE CONTAINMENT SYSTEM: An approved lower engine containment system required. The system must include the oil pump and related components and be a minimum of 3” above ground.
- FIRE SYSTEM: Required. (SFI 17.1 system will be required for 2008.) System must contain a minimum of 20 lbs of Halon or equivalent. One nozzle required inside driver’s compartment must be directed at driver’s feet. Two or more nozzles must be directed at front of engine and fuel cell.
- HEAD AND NECK RESTRAINT: SFI 38.1 required. An aluminum skid plate located above driver’s head is recommended.
- HELMET: SN-2000 or newer of SFI 31.2 or 41.2 required.
- MASTER ELECTRICAL CUTOFF: Required. Must be clearly labeled “PUSH OFF”.
- PARACHUTES: Dual parachutes required. Separate shroud-line mounting points with 1/2” sleeved grade 8 bolts required.
- PROTECTIVE CLOTHING: A driver’s suit meeting SFI 3.2A/15, gloves meeting SFI 3.3/15, shoes meeting SFI 3.3/5 and a head sock meeting SFI 3.3. A head sock is not required when a helmet manufactured with a skirt meeting SFI 3.3 is used.
- ROLL BAR PADDING: SFI 45.1 required.
- TRANSMISSION: All transmissions must be covered by a one piece SFI 4.1 restraint.
- UPHOLSTERY: If a metallic seat is used a flame retardant seat pad is required.
- WINDOW NET: SFI 27.1 required.
A yearly membership fee of $700 that entitles the driver and 3 crew members free admission to each event. $200.00 will be set aside in a points pool. The 100% pay back to points winners will be paid down to the top 4 cars.
If you prefer to not become a member and race just one or a few events, then entry per event is $200.00. That entitles the driver and 3 crew members free admission to that event. If you Win Or Runner up, then you will be required to pay additional $500.00 and get full membership for the year.
Both cars should conduct burnout’s together unless special circumstances exist (Blower Cars). Long burnout’s are encouraged. Paired race cars must stage quickly and reverse lanes during qualifying. Driver courtesy suggests that both drivers stage together. It is recommended, but not mandated, that drivers stage by one light each on and then the second light. Driver burn downs are not permitted. Drivers taking more than 15 seconds time to stage may be disqualified.
Return Lane Conduct:
Once a pass is completed the driver must quickly and safely move off the return road. Do not block cars or stop to compare information.
Protest Procedures and Costs:
Event participating drivers or owners may protest a maximum of 3 times a year. Minor protest should be brought to the attention of the event director or enforcer. $50.00 Major protests that will require some type of dismantling/dis-assembly will follow the same procedures previously outlined and the tear down will be performed by a “tech enforcer” $300.00
Subject to change without notice.